1. Last week I mentioned that my daughter was offered a teaching position. Well this week, she signed her contract so it's official. What I didn't mention last week was that she will be teaching at MY school. How cool is that?
2. I haven't done anything school related this week. It's summer vacation! But I've decided to try my hand at making my own digital paper. Here's a peek at my first attempt. There has to be an easier way, but I haven't found it yet! Any helpful hints would be MUCH appreciated!
3. I spent a few days in the Sierras this week with my husband and one of our 3 pups. Tucker was the lucky one this time. We had a fabulous time relaxing in our campsite, playing a little frisbee with Tucker, mountain biking, and even tossed in a little hike.
|Tucker packed light.|
|Hoover Wilderness: our mtn bike destination|
|Taking a break at 8300 feet.|
|West Walker River near our campsite|
4. Sweet Tea!!!!! Okay, that doesn't sound particularly exciting does it? Hear me out on this one. I used to live in Texas. Texas has sweet tea. California does NOT have sweet tea. Californians think that sweet tea is synonymous with adding a pack or two of Sweet and Low to a glass of iced tea. Any one who has ever lived in the South, knows MUCH better than that. My daughter took me to a new BBQ place yesterday that has the closest thing to real sweet tea. To make it even better, it was served in a mason jar with a mint leaf!
5. I had another mountain bike adventure today. I learned an important lesson: Don't stray from your original route! There were hills that had 25% grades. I'm not ashamed to say that I had to get off my bike quite a bit. There were even hills I had to WALK down. I realize that I need two very important things: more skill and better endurance. The only way I'll get them is by stepping outside of my comfort zone a little bit each time. I do have to say that I didn't appreciate my husband instagramming a picture of me pushing my bike up one of the hills. Men.
It's your turn to join the Five for Friday linky party. What randomness do you have to share this week?